From Central California and Northern England, two aspiring writers natter and share a blog. We like to talk about our disparate but oh-so-similar lives, offer opinions on literature and movies... and endlessly reminisce about Bioware RPG's.


We hope you haven't had enough of our disingenuous assertions. If you have, please don't hit us.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

New Chapter: Revan's Shadow

Yeah, yeah, I know it's only been a week or so (if that) since the last update, but here's the next chapter for the story: right hmeah.

The reason it came so quickly is because this was one of the few scenes that I had actually written all those years ago...in a way. It was already in my mind, I should say. 80% of the dialogue that I used for HK-47 was stuff I ripped from my old mini-novel that I had started to write after I played both KotOR games.

It also came rather quickly because it was the one day I wasn't stressing over how I was going to write the Battle of Malachor V. I realize that I shouldn't be stressing so much over fanfiction, but it's important to me that I have something that I'm proud of on my account. I would never publish every idea I've had for the story; I still want a large chunk of the novel to remain in my head for possible official use in the future. Again, I realize I shouldn't be stressing over that either, but the story is very important to me...very important to me.

But! I'm still gonna go all-out with what I'm willing to put online. The Battle of Malachor V will be a while in the making, but I have an idea of how I'm going to handle it. After that, I only have maybe five chapters left to go...maybe. Then the ending that I've already written. And after that: I think I shall rest.

Aside from the projects that I've already started, by myself and with Buch, I'll probably take some time off from fanfiction for a while. I really want to get serious about my second novel, get it done, and send it off to some agents before the end of the year. The reason I want it done by year's end is because both Mass Effect 2 and Fallout: New Vegas will be coming out in 2010, and I don't think I'll be able to resist the urge to write stories about them. Just can't help it! xD

No comments:

Post a Comment