From Central California and Northern England, two aspiring writers natter and share a blog. We like to talk about our disparate but oh-so-similar lives, offer opinions on literature and movies... and endlessly reminisce about Bioware RPG's.


We hope you haven't had enough of our disingenuous assertions. If you have, please don't hit us.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Introduction 2: Us (and Them)

Hi,

I thought I'd give some introduction to both of us. I'm Buch (pronounced 'Buck') from England and he's Knight (as in Rider) from California. We're both aspiring writers who are just getting started.

We started writing fan fiction around the same time, then got in contact when we both started writing fanfic for the role-playing videogame Mass Effect. Since then we've been commenting a lot on each other's work, discussing ideas with each other and collaborating on a story. It led to a transatlantic friendship, too, and now this blog. I'm taller and older but Knight grows better facial hair.

I don't know very much about blogs, so I'm not sure what we'll be posting up here. But it will be largely thoughts on writing, fiction and fanfiction. Occasionally I will hijack the blog and rant endlessly about some movie that is annoying me, but we'll try to keep this thing professional.

It's very hard writing as myself here - I'm very concerned all of a sudden about how I appear to anyone reading this. Really- I keep wondering if I sound pretentious or the jokes are too cocky. This may be part of the reason I like to write fiction - I'm quite awkward socially so it's a way to express myself without actually communicating with people. At least this is one sided.

The links to the right are links to our writing on the internet - I highly reccommend Knightfall's stuff. (It's not self-promotion if I promote him and he's forced into doing the same for me.) The last link is to the blog of Matt 'Fucking' Stover, a sci-fi author we both admire. He writes Star Wars books - and this is why we love him. His tie-in Shatterpoint and his novelisation of Revenge of the Sith really, really impressed us and inspired us both. I think we'll be talking about him in more detail soonish as we've recently been discovering / rediscovering him through his Star Wars stuff. And Knight was recently mentioned in Stover's blog.

For now, that was our introduction. I hope you like what we write here, and please do comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment