From Central California and Northern England, two aspiring writers natter and share a blog. We like to talk about our disparate but oh-so-similar lives, offer opinions on literature and movies... and endlessly reminisce about Bioware RPG's.


We hope you haven't had enough of our disingenuous assertions. If you have, please don't hit us.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

For Forks' Sake

See that image to the left? That's a massively sucessful author.

I'm reading Twilight at the moment and I have to share this with everyone who will listen.

I can't tell you how angry I am about this.

In chapter one - CHAPTER ONE - the author Stephanie Meyer - the published author - who is paid for her work.... paid money...

wrote this...

( just after the narrator/protagonist Bella whines about having to do P.E. in her new school )

wrote this.....


"Forks was literally my own personal Hell on Earth."

What? No, Stephanie, no it wasn't. It wasn't literally Hell, was it? Was it?!?! Do you mean 'figuritively', Stephanie? Metaphorically?
Did you know that 'literally' means the exact opposite of what you were trying to communicate? You unbelievble moron?

I just can't believe that someone who doesn't know what 'literally' means is selling 53 million copies.

I'm not pretending to be angry here to be funny. I'm THAT pissed off. The most popular author in the world now does not know what the word 'literally' means.

I found some small solace here...

http://www.twilightsucks.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3331

4 comments:

  1. Buch, I could have laugh at you for wasting 7 quid on that piece of tosh but for some reaon... I'm starting to feel very sorry for you...

    Also yeah, don't be put off from her is regards to trying to get your stuff publish someday Buch. Think of her as another boss for real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is literally funny as hell.

    Though, now I'm regretting my suggestion of it!

    For now, I must make like Monty Python and: RUN AWAAAAAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a quote about how great she is on the back sleeve... by Orson Scott Card.

    My day gets worse and worse and worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I hear ya Buch.

    The Twlight fans nauseate me. Most of them seem to love the movie too! :-/

    AblatedCrayon

    ReplyDelete