From Central California and Northern England, two aspiring writers natter and share a blog. We like to talk about our disparate but oh-so-similar lives, offer opinions on literature and movies... and endlessly reminisce about Bioware RPG's.


We hope you haven't had enough of our disingenuous assertions. If you have, please don't hit us.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

In memory: Norman Wisdom (1915-2010)



I only just heard that the comic actor Norman Wisdom has died. I thought it would be nice to put up a very brief tribute here.

Everyone knows I love comedy, espescially comedy from my home land. But as it happens I'm not an aficionado of Wisdom's. I do, however, always laugh within a few minutes whenever I stumble across any footage of him, or see him on telly. He was an amazing slapstick performer, a rather good actor and writer, and he made very, very funny faces.

He had been suffering from deteriorating health for some time before his death on the 4th of October. His funeral is scheduled for the 22nd. He will be missed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Mp4HC09S0

No comments:

Post a Comment