From Central California and Northern England, two aspiring writers natter and share a blog. We like to talk about our disparate but oh-so-similar lives, offer opinions on literature and movies... and endlessly reminisce about Bioware RPG's.


We hope you haven't had enough of our disingenuous assertions. If you have, please don't hit us.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Tips 'n' Tricks: Fable 2: Infinite Potion of Transmogrification Glitch


The only reason I'm posting this is because I've seen it mentioned in a few places, sometimes accurately, sometimes not. For anyone not privy, there is a quest that you unlock when you purchase the Castle Fairfax in Fable II. At the end of said quest, you have to make an all-defining choice, which would be to switch your gender - permanently. And I don't mean permanently as in, yeah you can reload, it's okay. I mean, it autosaves immediately after you drink this thing.

When I first heard about this, I thought it was rather odd. I would've liked the chance to just be able to switch back and forth; it would make for a neat gameplay element. Thankfully, there is a way, but you'll need some help.

1) Firstly, you'll have to purchase the Castle Fairfax for a cool one million gold, but I'm sure you have that just lying around. I know I do.

2) Pick up the quest from your new butler.

3) Make sure you have a friend who's already beat this quest ready to come to your rescue. The quest is pretty short, so they won't have to wait long.

4) Sleep in your bed (take a right down the closest hallway to the throne and follow the staircase up to the top. You will then be thrown into your quest.

5) You'll fight a bunch of bandits and will eventually be let into a secret passageway by your butler. He will subsequently quit. Bastard.

6) Continue through this secret passageway, kill all the bandits, and step inside the potion room. You will see it sitting on a pedestal and a mysterious voice will explain what it does. DON'T PICK IT UP YET!

7) Have your friend make his way to the potion room, and when his little orb arrives, pick up the potion and immediately trade it to your friend.

8) YOU STAY PUT! DO NOT LEAVE THE ROOM YET! Yeah, but have your friend make his way through the newly-opened gate to the Bowerstone Cemetery. When he gives you confirmation that he's loaded into the zone, then you can leave the room, as well.

9) When you spawn inside the cemetery, you'll get a little Mission Accomplished note. Have your friend trade back the potion.

And there you have it! You will now be able to use the potion as much as you want, without consequence...I might have just jinxed myself. Anyway, I did it and it worked.

glhf

1 comment:

  1. Nice trick! Changing my gender was the very last thing I did on my game of Fable 2. I thought it would make a suitably surreal ending! She made a terribly handsome man, incidentally!

    ReplyDelete