From Central California and Northern England, two aspiring writers natter and share a blog. We like to talk about our disparate but oh-so-similar lives, offer opinions on literature and movies... and endlessly reminisce about Bioware RPG's.


We hope you haven't had enough of our disingenuous assertions. If you have, please don't hit us.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Music Review: Year of the Black Rainbow

I've never done a review for a music album before! The whole venture just seemed way over my head, since I have no education on the complexities of music beyond Metal By Numbers. You know...what am I gonna say? "This song was good because...I dunno, I liked it." I didn't think I would know what to talk about! But I figured I'd give it a try for Coheed and Cambria's first/final album in their space opera.

Since I've been listening to them for five years now, thought it would be a good way to: 1) Give reviewing music a try and 2) Provide a brief display of my love for the band.

Kinda lame that I ended up giving it 3 out of 5 stars, but that new sound just didn't vibe with me the entire way through. Some great moments, though! I guess I just miss the Good Apollo Vol. 1 days.

Here's my review for Year of the Black Rainbow: LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment