From Central California and Northern England, two aspiring writers natter and share a blog. We like to talk about our disparate but oh-so-similar lives, offer opinions on literature and movies... and endlessly reminisce about Bioware RPG's.


We hope you haven't had enough of our disingenuous assertions. If you have, please don't hit us.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

In memory: Peter Falk (1927-2011)


I really never know what to say when I write one of these celebrity obituaries: I'm terrified of coming across as false. And of... talking about myself.

I heard yesterday that Peter Falk, the actor famous for playing Columbo in the long-running and consistantly-impressive TV detective series, and who did an outstanding job with the character, has died, aged 83. I'm not very familiar with the rest of Falk's work, but he really was very good in Columbo and a great acting performance ought to be honoured.

The actor had been suffering from dementia and Alzheimer's disease in the years before his death. This was news to me too, and I'm very sad to hear it.

He was fantastic in The Great Race, too.

Here's a clip of Falk, being very good on television.

2 comments:

  1. He always seemed to be a genuine good guy both on screen and off. He'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and brilliant actor with such a pleasant carisma... I love him in Columbo, nobody can or could ever do it better than him !! I´m also suprised and sadens me to hear he had alzheimer :( hope he din´t suffer too much. It´s a good thing movies keep rare & unique people like detective Columbo alive ;)

    Thank u for making me laugh and ponder about ur amazing discernment on human behaviour!

    Sincerly from a big fan <3
    (so is my family)

    ReplyDelete