From Central California and Northern England, two aspiring writers natter and share a blog. We like to talk about our disparate but oh-so-similar lives, offer opinions on literature and movies... and endlessly reminisce about Bioware RPG's.


We hope you haven't had enough of our disingenuous assertions. If you have, please don't hit us.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

This is why I write fanfiction





Because when you write original stories, people don't send you messages that say this-


Dear Mister Buch,
I do belive that you should consider professionally writing material. Your denying yourself a chance to spread this level of writing to everyone else. Simple, virtually flawless, belivable and charmingly addictive. Its a rare thing, even amoung the top quality gems to be found on FFN, to see concise writing like this, I think the best word for it is succinct. In all honesty, this is superlative work, so much so that I actually feel a little guilty because I did not pay for it. I will look forward to reading your other works, and would like you to know you have my respect.

--

I had to post here specifically to boast childishly about that. It's probably the best review I've ever had, from a stranger anyway. Even if he did mis-spell 'you're', it's an incredibly nice thing for him to have said, and a massive ego boost for me.

1 comment: