From Central California and Northern England, two aspiring writers natter and share a blog. We like to talk about our disparate but oh-so-similar lives, offer opinions on literature and movies... and endlessly reminisce about Bioware RPG's.


We hope you haven't had enough of our disingenuous assertions. If you have, please don't hit us.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Knight's October-November Schedule

I couldn't be more excited for the end of October to roll around. It kinda reminds me of last October, when Fallout: New Vegas and Fable 3 were both released a week from each other. A shame that Fable 3 didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but New Vegas more than picked up the slack.

SO! We've got a bunch of games coming out. I've been steadily saving up for them for most of the year, but that doesn't mean they won't cause some financial troubles down the line. I've been a lot more careful about buying games recently, but it doesn't help that the games coming up are sequels to those few that I pretty much vowed upon Cavalry that I'd purchase.

--

October 25 - Battlefield 3

Ever since Battlefield 1942, these games have been a guilty pleasure of mine. It also helps that Bad Company 2 is one of the few competitive online multiplayer games that I'm actually decent at. All of the trailers for it look fantastic and it seems like they've put some work into making the campaign good for those of us who won't be skipping it altogether. I'm very excited for this, and it sounds like EA's going all out to try and lock down some of Activision's player base for themselves, so that can only mean good things... initially.



I've been flip-flopping on this, so I might end up waiting on it and save myself a little money. But I love the Call of Duty series. The campaigns are usually pretty exciting, the multiplayer is addicting, and it helps that it's pretty much the one game that I can expect most of my friends to pick up. But this is only a couple weeks after Battlefield 3, and I'm not really planning on being bored with that game after only fourteen days. I've had Bad Company 2 for a year and I still play it.

But MW3, I'm still itching to see how the campaign will progress. For all its nonsense, MW2 had a pretty damn magnificent campaign, perfectly-paced and cinematic, and if MW3 can even so much as match its predecessor, then I'll be happy.



This is the one game I would forsake all others to play. Oblivion was pretty much a launch title for the Xbox 360, and I've found a reason to keep playing it ever since. The visuals look amazing, Skyrim itself looks fantastic and alive, and I've invested enough into the storyline that I'm interested to see how things have changed in Tamriel after the Septim bloodline was severed and Cyrodiil fell into decline. There's just so much I want to see, and I just... there's all that...




I remember playing the first Assassin's Creed for the first time and not thinking very highly of it. I tend to think it was just the circumstances, but even so. Assassin's Creed II, though, had my full attention. It was fun and awe-inspiring romp through Renaissance-era Italy, not to mention an historically-accurate one. I thought Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood would be the series cash-in, but boy was I wrong on that one; it turned out even better than its predecessor by a wide margin.

AC: Revelations will be the third game in the series in three years, and it doesn't look like the quality has dropped at all. We'll see Ezio Auditore da Firenze traveling through Constantinople for what appears to be his last ride. There are few video game characters that I'd say are worthy of having three games all to themselves, but Ezio was definitely one of them. I'm glad they gave his story the focus it deserves. Heck, they've pretty much followed his life from birth and, with Brotherhood, continued to do so well into his 50s. Not many games can boast that.

--

On November 16th, I'll be taking out a loan. >.<

No comments:

Post a Comment