From Central California and Northern England, two aspiring writers natter and share a blog. We like to talk about our disparate but oh-so-similar lives, offer opinions on literature and movies... and endlessly reminisce about Bioware RPG's.


We hope you haven't had enough of our disingenuous assertions. If you have, please don't hit us.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

12,000 Words


Yes it's another '100 Words.com' post from me. On the plus side, this will be the last one!

After writing exactly 100 Words of fiction / poetry every day in October, November, December and now February - I'm just about done with it. I've hugely enjoyed the challenge of it, and the unusual / difficult experience of writing such short bits. But now I'm out of ideas, I'm repeating myself, and I'm a bit bored of it.

So - here is the last little advert from me. My FOURTH BATCH of 100 word-stories is now done! Because it was February I went with the ingenious and original theme of 'love', and sometimes I even remembered to include it. There seems to be an accidental theme of 'whining misery' in there too, which caught me by surprise when I re-read them.

--

Like I say, I've really got a lot out of this curious online writing game. It's a brilliant website - I urge you to look through some entries (there are some amazing ones hidden in there) or better yet, write a 'batch' yourself.

I maybe might have another go sometime in the future, but for now I'm tapped-out and could do with writing something of decent length for a change. However, I like to think of all 120 of my entries as one piece - or at least four pieces - of writing. They kind of flow together and I even put a (very flimsy, extremely silly, half-arsed) motif in there which connects all four parts!

----

One last plug for this.
Here are my 'batches' for October (Halloween theme), November (memory / remembrance theme), December (Christmas / Christianity theme) and February (love theme).

----

All right. Thanks. For what it's worth, next time I post a writing update I swear it will be a proper story.

-

No comments:

Post a Comment