From Central California and Northern England, two aspiring writers natter and share a blog. We like to talk about our disparate but oh-so-similar lives, offer opinions on literature and movies... and endlessly reminisce about Bioware RPG's.


We hope you haven't had enough of our disingenuous assertions. If you have, please don't hit us.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Just Asking...

We're here, less than two months before the release of Dragon Age II, and we know almost nothing about it. We've had two official videos showing a dark and ultimately ambiguous demonstration of the combat system, and another video that details the overall structure of Hawke's story. That's about it. BioWare have been keeping a tight lid on it.

Maybe they've always done this, but I don't know. The last few releases, I refused to look at leaked details, but now I've gone looking for them, usually always coming up empty. What's up with that? I know from reading all the forums that they sorta stirred up the beehive by changing up some of the classic RPG elements, so they might be doing some damage control. Maybe they're hoping that ill-informed fans of DA:O will automatically purchase it, as will general BioWare fans, and those who now genuinely believe (and like) that it's resembling Mass Effect on the surface. Because if there's one thing everyone's aware of at this point, it's the ME connection.

At least we know that it will have DLC on day one! Right?! Yeah...

At this point, I'm still very disappointed with the direction that this game went. I can kind of understand why they went with the format they did, but I'm still not going to sit back and love the non-existence of some of my favorite elements. But, again, I'm still definitely going to give this game a fair shot. Maybe I've been way off, and BioWare has another hit up its sleeve, proving me wrong once and for all. I can't wait to see which way this will go, but I know if things go south, then Skyrim will be there to pick up the slack.

2 comments:

  1. This has nothing to do with this post, but I love the subtitle to the blog. Scott Pilgrim reference for the win!

    ReplyDelete